Tips to increase your reach! Geotags!
When you post content on Instagram, people don’t just want to know what you have to say, they also want to know WHERE you’re saying it from. And, that’s when Instagram geotags come into play.
What is Geotagging?
📍 Geotags help widen your reach on Instagram and target more followers. It gives us the opportunity to to reach people all around the world. Geolocations can be obtained through an IP address, wi-fi, GPS, etc. When you post, you can select different geolocations that you want to target. Many people follow locations on Instagram to know what's going on in that city or any updates at their local favorite shop.
If done correctly - geotagging the location of your posts is one of the best ways to help grow your Instagram following.
Here are a few tips on how to use geolocation:
1. Tag your current location when traveling. For example if you're staying in a beautiful place and you think it's a place that lots of people would see and think "wow where is that?" Geotag it. But be safe while doing this. I normally tag a location that's a bit wider, while I am staying there, or I tag the exact place in my stories when I leave the hotel. How many times have you seen someone staying in an adorable hotel and you thought of a chance to stay there next time you're in that city? It's possible! I've done it!
2. If you are at an event, conference, concert, etc - tag the location or venue.
So many times I've gone to an event or a festival, just because I saw a geotag on my followers' post. So if you're organizing an event or your product sells at the local market - geotag it.
3. If you are visiting your favorite coffee shop or thrift store, tag the location and those who follow that geotag will see your post.
4. Use location hashtags - lots of people will follow their hometown or major city they live near to see posts of events, parties, etc. I know I do, I actually follow #vancouver just to keep up to date to what's happening in my community.
5. Use the location sticker in your stories! This will help your story show up on the explore page of that geolocation.
I hope this helps with your reach! If you have any questions, reach out to me!